Planning for the 16th Annual Motoring Festival, October 27 - November 5, 2017, is currently underway and the Festival is looking for the best volunteers to represent both the event and the Hilton Head Island/Savannah area.
Two Venues - Two Opportunities to help!
This year we will again host events at two different venues over two different weekends:
The Savannah Speed Classic will be held Friday, October 27 - Sunday, October 29 on the Grand Prize of America Road Course on Savannah's Hutchinson Island at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa.
The remainder of the Motoring Festival's events will take place on Hilton Head Island at both the Port Royal Golf Club and events at the Hilton Head Island Airport, Friday, November 3 - Sunday, November 5.
What is required of Motoring Festival Volunteers
- Work at least 1 full day (average 8 hours) shift (no 1/2 day shifts available). However, we encourage you to sign up for as many days as you are available.
- Provide an email address and phone number (not to be sold to outside vendors) to Motoring Festival management.
(NOTE: All future correspondence regarding orientation sessions, shirt pick up, etc. will be done via email.)
- Attend at least one of the general orientation sessions. ORIENTATION IS REQUIRED and an orientation schedule will be posted (and emailed) at a later date.
- Report to work no less than 30 minutes prior to the start of your shift.
- Provide an "In Case of Emergency" contact to Motoring Festival management at time of application.
What are the benefits of being a Motoring Festival Volunteer
- Official Motoring Fesitval & Concours d'Elegance volunteer shirt (for those volunteers who did NOT work in 2016).
- Complimentary admission to the Savannah Speed Classic (October 27 - 29) and the Motoring Festival at the Port Royal Golf Club (November 4 - 5) on days that you are not working.
(NOTE: Must be present volunteer badge at entry to receive complimentary admission.)
- Continental breakfast (coffee & danish) and lunch vouchers for volunteers working at the Hilton Head Island venue (Port Royal Golf Club).
- Lunch vouchers for volunteers working at the Hutchinson Island venue.
- Wine and cheese reception following the event for volunteers working at the Hilton Head Island venue (Port Royal Golf Club).
Volunteer Orientation Sessions
All volunteers (except for Class Hosts, aka Red Shirts) are required to attend at least 1 of the orientation sessions. Available dates/times for orientation will be announced shortly.
Orientation for Class Hosts (aka Red Shirts) to be announced!
Class Hosts are required to attend at least one of the orientation sessions.
All volunteers working at the Port Royal Golf Club venue should attend one of the available 1-hour tours of the Hilton Head Island venue (Port Royal Golf Club). Scheduled tours to be announced. Tours will start from the volunteer check-in area (front porch of the adminstration building).
Uniform Pick Up
Schedule to be announced!
For More Information
Contact Tom Conner, Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.